Having a custom domain to your blog makes it look more professional,lets people know you take your blogging serious.Imagine someone trying to memorize your URL as e.g myblogdomain.blogspot.com .Thats very long and anyone who mistakenly does not input .blogspot.com wont find your blog.
HOW TO SET UP A CUSTOM DOMAIN
9) You would get an error message saying “We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain. Error 12”.You need to verify your ownership of the domain before you can link it to your blog.
10) To verify your authority,you need to put some codes in your domain DNS
11) Go back to godaddy or any other platform you’re using.
12) Sign it and click on Domain You own
13) On Godaddy, You would see a Gear icon on the Domain,Click on it and a drop down list shall appear,Click on DNS Managaement on the Drop Down List.
14) in the DNS Management section,We are looking for CNAMEs Try and locate it.
15) You need to Edit it and Input two codes.
where you see Name, Label or Host field, put www
Where you see point to, or destination put ghs.google.com
Note: You pay annually for your custom domain so the price varies depending on the number of years you’re paying for.